Are you looking to share your talents, make new friends, and become involved in the community? Enrich your life through volunteer work! There’s no better place than the peaceful and beautiful Amarillo Botanical Gardens! Our team of volunteers are critical to the maintenance and growth of the Gardens in countless ways. We have unlimited opportunities to suit your interests, talents, and schedule so you can help us make a valuable contribution towards the success of the Gardens.
Is there a time commitment?
We have opportunities with flexible, limited time needs that may be what you are looking for.
Is there an age restriction?
Seniors, students 16+ and everyone in between are welcome. We have a variety of tasks available for most age and physical capabilities.
Are there scheduling requirements?
We have flexible day, evening and weekend opportunities available all year round.
Do I need specific skills?
All skill sets are welcome! We offer on-site training and guidance or you may be able to contribute your specialized training to one of our jobs. Whether you are a master or beginning gardener, a professional or a homemaker, retired or employed we can put your skills and talents to good use!
- Assist with the development of youth educational programs
- Teach classes
- Lead Tours
- Provide classroom assistance
- Great for retired teachers!
- Lead groups of visitors through the gardens and provide insight
- Answer question and share your love of the gardens
- Should be energetic, enthusiastic and comfortable speaking to groups
- Tour materials and training provided
- Indoor and outdoor opportunities available
- Conservatory care includes pruning, watering, mulching, sweeping, etc.
- Assist in outdoor grounds maintenance by seeing, mulching, planting, etc.
- Greenhouse tasks include repotting, cleaning, watering, dividing plants, pruning, etc.
- Knowledge of horticulture and or gardening experience helpful.
- Physical activity involved (kneeling, bending, lifting, etc.)
- Greet visitors
- Assist with questions
- Operate Admission Ticket Booth
- Offer Directions
- Must enjoy working with public
- Participate in the execution of programs and events
- May include set up/take down of equipment
- Assist with clean up
- Greet visitors
- Distribute materials
- Answer questions
- Understand basic facility operations (lighting, heating,etc.)
- Usually involves weekend and evening hours.
Share your love of gardening and related topics by giving informational talks to local/regional community groups.
Help with general office tasks, answer phones, greet public, etc.
Work on lights, general maintenance jobs, or provide specific skills such as carpentry.
How to Apply
Contact Us and include your name, address, phone, area(s) of interest, related skill sets, and availability.